Ever thought that your stomach may be the culprit of your back pain? Know how?
While many of you may agree with me that a back pain today is a very commonly found medical problem, you may not know that there is a strong connection between your stomach and back pain.
As a result, in order to solve your problem, you need to find out as to what is the real reason of your pain amongst so many.
Here is a statistic – 75% percent people suffering a back pain suffer from stomach ache often with a history of stomach or intestinal issues. If the answer to this is stomach, then you have to know the subject to the depth.
The connection between back pain and abdominal bloating:
Well, there might be several reasons that give rise to a spinal inflammation and an abdominal bloating. Starting from overeating or junk food to autoimmune disorders to cancer, a lot many causes are involved in this regard.
Thus if we speak of food, certain types of edible products like food rich in oligosaccharides content can cause bloating in many cases. One of the major side effects of this kind of food is constipation.
Are these pains life-threatening?
Honestly speaking, back pains involving abdominal bloating are relatively much non-threatening and can be easily treated at home. However, if the phenomenon takes place repetitively then it might involve some seriousness.
Bloating, constipation, and spinal pain can intend the presence of autoimmune disorders like Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Celiac’s Disease, Sjogren’s Syndrome are some of the problems that can occur.
Now as we know what a back pain inducted from the stomach can imply, let’s have a look into the main causes that can make this happen.
What causes a back pain induced from stomach ache?
There are a number of reasons as to why you may experience stomach pain tagged along with back pain. Here are some of the primary reasons.
- Back injury is one of the most common reasons as to why an individual can face an abdominal stretch.
- Stiff muscle is equally a potential reason as to why you may face an abdominal pain.
- Gastro-intestinal problems that directly cause any lower back pain.
- Stress and emotional issues can often lead to such problems. These are often termed as psychological back pain. This is typically found to travel from the back to the abdominal region and stomach.
- Other reasons like constipation, acid reflux, diarrhea etc. can be the reason for back pain involving abdominal inflammation.
What a back pain induced from the stomach aches may hint to?
Herniated Discs remain one of the common problems for many athletes. As a matter of fact, it is recognised as one of the most common causes of back pain, with individuals between 30-50 at the highest risk. However, it isn’t the only one.
While a back pain isn’t accompanied by a stomach pain may not draw too much concern, the combination of e both may create serious problems. Thus, to address the problem effectively, you need to know what the reasons that may lead to the following diseases.
- Gallstones: This disorder happens usually when the gallstone travels from the gallbladder to the duct leading its passage too outside.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: This is one of the most widely found disorders that affect the lower bowel. Symptoms like bloating, cramping, diarrhea and constipation. In more extreme cases you may also face lower back pain.
- Ovarian cancer: Ovarian cancer is one of the big reasons of the concurrent occurrence of stomach and back pain. In these cases, special observance has to be kept in order to trace if the bloating is happening due to general reasons or it is untraced. This can be teamed up by extreme fatigue and weakness.
- Peptic Ulcers: Often, it happens when there is any tear or inflammation inside the small intestine. Caused by the H.pylori ulcers can be aggravated by the continuous use of painkillers.
- Pancreatitis: If you face an inflammation in the pancreas, it can potentially lead to formation of cysts on the pancreas. Unprecedented growth of this inflammation can also lead to cause infection that develops tissue damage and bleeding.
- Other causes of stomach and back pain: While under depression, loss of appetite may lead to stomach pain.
How to ease down back pain induced of stomach pain?
Handling both the pains of back and stomach together can be pretty challenging, it is very important to understand as to how to handle and even cure it from the roots.
One of the most crucial steps to start off with this journey is modulating your eating habits to healthy ones. It is very important to observe as to which food items take a toll on your health.
For instance, people with intolerance in lactose shall be stringent on the consumption of dairy products.
To follow up, this routine is to be teamed up with proper hydration. Drinking plenty of water will definitely be a save in this regard. It will help to built-up fiber moving through your digestive system.
This is especially important for people having disorders like the Sjogren’s where the individual experience chronic dryness throughout the body.
If all these remedies do not work out amply, a strong recommendation for a doctor’s suggestion is made. Although this might be a little embarrassing, admittance is the first step towards your cure.
It is a long saying that ‘a stitch in time saves nine’. Thus, if you take the right precautions before the occurrence of the trouble, you can surely be at much fitter position.