With our lifestyle today, it is common that you might end up finding so many people with lower back pain problems. If you are suffering from such back pain, you are not alone. So many studies have been documented that show more people are suffering from such pain. Taking statistics from the U.S, over 13.6 million adults suffer from lower back pain, which is an increase when compared to only a few millions a decade before. Unfortunately, these numbers are likely to increase if people keep on having a lifestyle that makes them end up with back pains such as bad posture or overworking the body.
Even with such high numbers of people suffering from the back pains, it is possible to deal with the pain by using simple methods. One of the best way to do this is through owning an inversion table. With the inversion table, you can do many exercises that can aid in relieving the lower back pains and still offer many other advantages.
What is an inversion table?
Probably by now, you are wondering what an inversion table is, that is if you are yet to use one. The table often comprises of two main components, including a comfort bed mounted on an adjustable frame. The frame will be supporting your movement on the bed from various angles.
To make it fully functional, the manufacturer will try to make it comfortable by adding padding to the bed board and the rollers for holding your legs.
Depending on the manufacturer you are likely to find one that offers great durability based on the material used for construction. The construction will also determine just how much weight the inversion table can handle.
Benefits of Inversion Therapy
Some people still need convincing that having inversion tables is important for their health. Below are some of the benefits you can expect to experience when using the inversion therapy.
- Improved Posture
- Muscle Relaxation
- Better Spinal Discs Rejuvenation
- Preventative Care
- Get Better Blood Circulation
Whenever you get to use the inversion table, there are better chances that you can realign the spinal column. With time, this can help with improving your whole body posture. This could be a great for people who might have been experiencing chronic back pain most of their lives. By taking advantage of the benefits brought about by the inversion therapy, you should be able to restore the body to better posture.
Does an Inversion Table Help Lower Back Pain?
Of course as expected, not all people will be convinced about using the inversion table for lower back pains. They need more people to come out and share their stories about having a great and healing time after trying inversion therapy.
According to reviews by people who have used the inversion tables, most of them say they have used it to treat back pain and stretch the body as a recommendation from their doctors. This goes further to prove that the tables have been used by the professionals who can now recommend them to their patients. Other than helping them with their backs, the tables have also helped to loosen up the muscles and get relaxed.
The issue of back pain is quite a common pain that many people feel especially among the adults. With this type of pain, you might find yourself feeling mild or severe discomfort. All that can now be cured whenever you decide to choose the best inversion table. Many people can actually admit to have had a comfortable time after using the inversion tables to dealing with their lower back pain. Other common spinal problems that can be healed with inversion therapy include herniated discs, coccygodynia, lumbar osteoarthritis and Spondylolisthesis.
Features to Consider
You are likely to find many inversion tables today on the market, but it is important you can find the right one for your case. Below are some of the things you should always keep in mind when choosing the right inversion table.
Manual or motorized
It is common that you are likely to find two types of inversion tables on the market today. One will be manual and the other motorized. For the manual table, muscle power is needed so that you can position the table through the different angles. With the motorized table, you can expect more automated processes to get you into position. You can also easily shift from one angle to another without going back to the standing position. As much as they might seem easy to use, the motorized inversion tables will often be expensive. If you often suffer from severe and chronic back pain, it is important that you choose the motorized option.
Flexibility in this case is all about the type of exercises you can do while using the inversion table. It is common that most people would want a table that allows them to workout in different types of exercises without falling off. You can look for a great table that can accommodate the use of various exercises according to the manufacturer descriptions. Such tables should give you more freedom to exercise your back without having to bump your back against the platform more often.
With your back pain, you will need a comfortable inversion table. Having an uncomfortable inversion table might make you to use it less often than you should. Check the quality and design of the backboard to ensure it is something you would want. Note that the high prices do not always translate to better comfort, but rather the material used to make the components. Check to see if the backboard comes with additional padding that offer more comfort. Some tables might have their paddings removed whenever not in use.
Comfort is not just for the back, but also the ankles. The ankles will be your support point when working out your back. The inversion table should have an additional cushion for the ankles. This should ensure you feel comfortable when working out more often.
Weight capacity and stability
Based on how the inversion table is made, you should be in a position to know if the table would hold your weight or not. It is advisable to check out the product description to know more about the weight capacity. You are likely to find most being 200 to 250 pound weight capacity. For the high end tables, they are likely to have more weight capacity of around 300 pounds. They are also specially designed so that they have better stability and avoid cases of collapsing whenever used by a heavier person.
Ease of use
Of course you would not want a product that demands a lot of work when it comes to setting it up. Most manufacturers may make them pre-assembled, but you still have to assemble a few things. Check out the manual to see if the table can be assembled easily. From the reviews too, you can know if the table will be easy to use or not. Most great inversion tables will only require a few steps to go through before it is ready for you to mount it.
Another feature you would want to keep in mind is the amount of space that the table would take up when it comes to storage. If you have a room specifically left for workout equipment, this should not be a major concern, but for some people, a few changes have to be made. It is reason that you might find the inversion tables having provisions for folding so that it does not take up more space.
Best Inversion Table for Your Budget
IRONMAN Gravity 4000 Highest Weight Capacity Inversion Table
This is the latest inversion table from Ironman, a company known for making the best inversion tables you could use for your back exercises. This new model comes with better comfort and effectiveness. The comfort features are meant to enhance your inversion experience and make it easy to relax your muscles. This is a large improvement that you might have experienced with the former models from the same company. Starting with its design, the manufacturer made sure that it can be used to just relax or even workout for your back and neck. To protect your hands, the manufacturer has used the vinyl side covers that also feel comfortable.
Not all people have the skills to assemble new products, so the manufacturer made it easy on the users by introducing a simple product to assemble. The inversion table comes with clear and easy to follow instructions that can be easily understood. You should not take more than 30 minutes on assembly. You can still follow the same instructions to know how to adjust the table for better comfort.
To ensure that you can use it for long, the product is made for endurance. The product comes with impressive extra heavy duty tubular steel frame. This ensures that you get better durability, stability and security during your inversion exercises. There is an additional memory foam that covers the backrest to offer more comfort whenever needed.
- The table is easy to assemble with clear instructions
- It comes with a sturdy and durable built
- You get ergonomically molded foot and ankle cushions for comfort
- There is a removable lumbar pillow
- It is a heavy kit as it weights around 75 pounds
- It looks bulky after folding up for storage
Teeter Hang Ups EP 560 Inversion Table
Without a doubt, this is among the best inversion tables on the market today. For a long time, the tables from this brand have been used for inversion therapy and core workouts. At the end of each exercise, you will always feel it was worth every penny spent on buying it. With the product being shipped to the customer 90 percent pre-assembled, then you can be sure that the other remaining parts should not be hard to put together. An average person can take around 15 minutes to initial set up the table and start using it. You can make the adjustments to meet your own weight and height needs.
To ensure it is a great build, the manufacturer used a heated-treated carbon steel that is known for having better strength. You no longer have to worry about squeaky noise as the product comes with squeaky-free pivot bearings. You simply need to give it a few maintenance schedules and they will always work fine.
To make it even more comfortable, the product comes with special pressure reducing ankle foam. This should help you workout in different positions without feeling there is strain on your ankles. There is a comfort dial too for you to make changes whenever you feel it is too tight.
To make the inversion table great for different applications, the manufacturer gave it an impressive maximum user weight of 300 pounds. You should have an easy time working out on the table with such a weight rating.
- It is 90 percent pre-assembled when shipped to the owner
- It comes with larger weight support of up to 300 pounds
- Easy to assemble and still fold away for storage
- It is simple to maintain the inversion table
- It is a heavy device that might not be appealing to everyone
- It lacks the extended reach ankle system
Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Deluxe Inversion Therapy Table
When you buy this product, expect to experience a lot more benefits for your back. The product is said to have undergone several design stages before being released to the market. This always ensures that people would end up with the right inversion table at all times. There is the adjustable backrest pad large enough to ensure your back does not end up feeling more pain when using the table.
To understand that this is the best product for you, it comes with five positions you can use for your inversion needs. Simply use the adjustable safety pin to choose the angle of inversion and lock it in place. The strap always makes sure that you do not go over the chosen inversion angle.
The ergonomic ankle holding system is known to be great for people who would want to feel comfortable when inverting. Some other tables might prove so hard to use especially with thinner ankle pads. This one is quite different and will work perfectly for you.
The inversion table is made with strong materials that offer stable and balanced system when inverting. You do not have to worry about any case of wobbling especially for a tall or a heavier person. Its 300 pounds weight capacity should set it apart from what you have seen and used before.
- It comes with ergonomic ankle holding system
- It can support weights up to 300 pounds
- The true balancing system makes it easy for inverting
- Presence of comfortable backrest and headrest pads
- Unclear instructions for setting it up
- The adjustment bar is difficult to move
Body Champ IT8070 Inversion Therapy Table
The product is made to be a great choice for those looking for something to use to help them with regular exercise routines for their backs. After using the product for a few weeks, it is easy to notice there is has been a great change in pain you used to experience from your back. The table is well designed so that it feels comfortable even when you are hanging upside down. Its additional high-density foam cushion is a great addition for your comfort. The backrest pad is another feature would would want when looking for better comfort while inverting.
To make sure that you get to spend more time working out without strains, there is the provision of ankle support. There are four foam rollers on the product to cushion your ankles from the strains. You can easily adjust the support foams based on your height to ensure you have a great time working out.
The angle of inversion of the table is easily controlled by the safety trap and lock. This ensures that you get to keep the table in one angle at all times. All you have to do next is rest against the table and invert.
If you are done with the exercises, the storage part is quite simple. You simply have to fold according to manufacturer instructions. In the folded position, the inversion table takes up less space.
- The table is affordable and gets the job done
- It folds away easily for storage or transportation
- It comes with safety bars that can help return it to an upright position
- Its lightweight frames it only great for users with average weight
- The pads are not enough to provide the best comfort to your ankles
Exerpeutic Inversion Table with Comfort Foam Backrest
If you are commonly experiencing back pain, herniated discs, or achy hips, you probably want to buy an inversion table from Exerpeutic Company. The table is made to be strong enough to be strong enough for people who might always want a stronger inversion table. With its capacity being 300 pounds, it is possible for many people to easily use it. The frame is made to be strong enough so that even the tall users can feel it is comfortable when inverting.
Of course, there is still the question about its comfort. Many people would want a comfortable inversion table at all times. From the name, it is easy to see that it comes with a comfortable backrest. The soft foam will offer the right comfort that your back needs when working out. It is not just about the backrest foam only, also the ankle rollers have enough padding to ensure you have an easy time working out.
The table is made with important safety features so that you feel safe when using the inversion table. Once you choose the inversion degree, you can still lock it in position and down you go. There is still a safety strap that can make sure that the table never inverts more than what you are comfortable with.
- Sturdy and stable frame
- Impressive padded backrest
- Affordable price
- Smooth and stable tilting
- It does not fold for storage
- You can use additional cushion on ankles
Inversion table risks
- Inversion table might be good for your back pain, but it is not safe for each person. Inversion table involves hanging upside down, which could be risky for a person with high blood pressure, glaucoma and heart disease.
- Whenever you remain inverted for a longer time, studies show that your heartbeat slows down and the blood pressure increases. This could lead to pressure within your eyeballs to jump dramatically.
- With inversion therapy, you are likely to end up with muscle pull if you often overdo the exercises. You should always give yourself a break from the table after 10 minutes or even less.
- Swimming and Back Pain - Back pain can be one of the most chronic problems that people face. The ever-present pressure, the stabbing pain, the radiating ache can be an unwelcome companion that never seems to leave you alone. Over the counter medications may dull the pain, but soon enough it comes rushing back in. Prescription pain killers come with […]
- When Should I Go to The Doctor If I Am Experiencing Lower Back Pain? - The short, and obvious, answer to this question is, “when it hurts.” At least, that is how we feel when it is our own lower back that is in pain. Pain in the lumbar region is, at the very least, an inconvenience, and at the worst, it can be debilitating, so at what point on […]
- How Your Gallbladder can Cause Lower Back Pain - If you’ve been suffering from lower back pain for a while with no cause to it, then you should start thinking about your gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small, hollow, pear-shaped organ that is just underneath the liver. What it does is store bile that the liver has produced. When it’s not functioning properly, your […]
- Herbs & Spices for Natural Pain Relief - Chronic pain is a debilitating thing to deal with and overcome. For many people, doctors can’t seem to find a way to rid them of this pain, and for other people, they would just prefer not to take strong medications every day to be able to live a somewhat normal life. Because of these factors […]
- Emer Foldable Premium Gravity Inversion Table Review - For many years, people have always used the inversion therapy tables to end up relieving themselves of issues such as like stress or back pain. You too could benefit from it by choosing the right model today. This one will get you loving it even more without a doubt. In the end, you can always […]